GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
– Auditions will be held at The Henegar Center; 625 E New Haven Ave, Melbourne FL 32901.
– The Henegar is an equal opportunity theatre and we encourage performers of all ethnicities to audition.
– Every volunteer actor, 16 & Up, will receive a travel stipend at the end of each MainStage show’s run.
– The Henegar Center, when needed, will offer Equity guest contracts to members of the union and professional Actors.
– Follow us on Facebook! Please check the individual audition event posted in Facebook (www.facebook.com/
– All auditions will be by appointment and booked in thirty-minute increments. To secure a time slot for either day please email email@example.com.
– Doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of auditions!
– No prep is needed for auditions. Any music, scenes, or choreography will be taught the night of auditions.
– Actors may be asked to attend callback after their audition.
– Some ensemble roles may be required to understudy lead roles
– For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and hope to see you at the theatre!
Season Audition Dates:
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
Come be a part of this new and exciting version of an old classic. This production has never been produced in Florida and requires a large ensemble of gifted singers/dancers and actors.
Sunday, Sept 26th, 6pm – 10pm
Monday, Sept 27th, 6pm – 10pm
Rehearsal Dates: Oct 17th – Nov 20th
Mandatory Tech Week: Nov 21st – Nov 24th
(No rehearsal on Thanksgiving Day)
Performance Dates, 4 Weekends:
(*Note we may add Thursday evening or Saturday matinee performances)
COVID-19 – Your comfort and well-being is of the utmost importance. Following the updated CDC guidance, The Henegar will maintain smaller groups, all auditions will be by appointment and booked in small thirty-minute increments. The Henegar will be requiring masks for all auditions and through all rehearsals until the start of Tech week. Tech week and Performances will be unmasked. We request that all performers 12 and older be fully vaccinated.
Performers traveling further than 90 miles from the Henegar may submit a virtual audition. Virtual submissions should include your headshot/resume, and a video of you singing any song from the production that best shows your vocal range, along with a short dance reel emailed to email@example.com
LIST OF ROLES: Some roles listed are doubled Ensemble
EBENEZER SCROOGE: Male, 50s or older. Scrooge is a grumpy old man who’s buried a lot of memories by focusing only on his work and material success. Vocal Range: A2-F#4.
BOB CRATCHIT: Male, 30s or older. Bob is a good-natured and hard-working man, doing his best to stay positive while supporting a large family and working for a difficult boss. Vocal Range: C3- Gb4.
FRED: Male, 20s and up. Fred is the opposite of his uncle Scrooge— upbeat and optimistic, he celebrates his life, even though he’s not well off financially. Vocal Range: C3-G4.
YOUNG EBENEZER: Male, late teens-early 20s. Unlike his older self, Young Ebenezer tempers his drive to succeed with a dash of wide-eyed romance. Vocal Range: C3-G4.
BELLE: Female, late teens-early 20s. Belle is the girl of Young Ebenezer’s dreams, who falls for him but is strong and independent enough to walk away when he chooses work over her. Vocal Range: B3-E5.
ELIZABETH: Female, 20s and up. Elizabeth is Fred’s better half; confident and strong, a modern woman who isn’t afraid to let her voice be heard. Vocal Range: B3-E5.
TINY TIM: Male, between 8-12. Tiny Tim is Cratchit’s partially crippled son who still believes in everything around him, despite his physical condition. Vocal Range: D4-D5.
GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST: Female, late teens and up. The Ghost seems soft and airy, but her questioning of Scrooge intentionally causes him to address memories he’d be happier to push aside. Vocal Range: B3-F5.
GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PRESENT: Male, adult. Loud and boisterous, the Ghost lives in the moment but mixes his good nature with a serious understanding of the weight of time. Vocal Range: Ab2-Gb4.
JACOB MARLEY: Male, 50s or older. The ghost of Jacob Marley shows the tragic end of a life lived like Scrooge’s. He deals in heavy emotions at all times— anger and anguish mostly. Vocal Range: C#3-Eb4.
OLD JOE: Male, 50s or older. Old Joe is a street person with a wicked sense of humor who’s not afraid to engage in some dirty business. Vocal Range: A2-E4.
MOLLY: Female, adult. The female equivalent of Old Joe. Vocal Range: A3-C5.
COLLECTING MEN 1-3: Male. The Collecting Men are somewhat lovable fops who finish one another’s sentences and have their sales pitch down to a science. Vocal Range: Man 1, Bb2-F4; Man 2, Bb2-Bb4 (falsetto); Man 3, Bb2-F4.
MR. FEZZIWIG: Male, 40s or older. Mr. Fezziwig is a huge personality who is loved by all and who wants nothing more than to share his success with everyone around him. Vocal Range: C3-E4.
MRS. FEZZIWIG: Female, 40s or older. Much like Mr. Fezziwig, Mrs. Fezziwig is a big personality who turns everything she touches into a celebration. Vocal Range: C4-D5.
FULL ENSEMBLE SINGERS & DANCERS